i hope you're happy.

I hope you're happy, even if it can't be with me,
i hope you're happy, even if it won't be with me,
i hope you're happy, 
i hope you are.
I hope that you're happy as i love from a distance,
from afar it seems our love was instant,
i hope you forget me like a new born infant, 
forget me like that time, we'll call it an incident,
forget me like that girl, we'll call her coincidence,
you never met me, 
just forget me,
just,
forget me.
I hope that you're happy in your life to come,
it's only natural to mourn what's gone,
although it feels stolen,
heart wholes still have wholes in,
we thought we were chosen,
that's when the hole closed in.
I hope that you're happy, wherever you are,
i remember the last time i saw you,
the sunbeams in the car,
i remember you told me you'd always love me,
you knew no matter what i'd always love you too,
poor star crossed lovers,
cliches set up to be doomed.
I hope that you're happy, even though you're so far,
and i wish i could change that, but where would i start?
our priorities are different,
you're corporate,
i'm art
and we should've known better,
than to not know we'd part.
I hope that you're happy, honestly i do!
because if it can't be us two,
i'll leave that happiness with you,
i'll make some new memories too,
maybe find happiness in something other than you,
maybe find joy in being with someone new,
maybe that's untrue,
i guess it's up to me to chose.
I hope that you're happy, because i feel you slipping away,
if i thought it would've made a difference,
i would've begged you to stay,
or done something that could've caused a delay,
i just wanted you to stay,
i just,
i wanted you to stay.
I hope that you're happy,
because otherwise this was all for nothing,
and well four years is a long time,
so it's okay to be counting,
well it's like 5 years 1 month 4 days to be exact,
don't be distracted by that,
my heart's a sucker for facts.
I hope that you're happy, because i think i'm happy too,
and i never thought that'd be possible without you,
when you left i couldn't even chew food,
my jaw was locked from all the shit i should've said to you,
like :
HOW DARE YOU?
RUIN SOMETHING SO INCOMPARABLE.
LEAVE MY LIFE EMPTY & BARELY BEARABLE.
YOU COULD'VE DONE SOMETHING IF YOUR TIMING WASN'T SO TERRIBLE.

I hope that you're happy, i just thought we'd have more time,
i thought we'd get married, grow old & plant a tree with baby limes,
that by the back door to the garden there'd be colourful chimes,
and on the porch walls, intercontinental dimes,

but we ran out of time.

I hope that you're happy, and i know this is outta line,
but, i also wish you weren't so damn fine,
like your plump bottom lip, between the pink, that faint line,
seems like our loves lost timeline. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Melanin as U.N.I.T.Y

Separation Anxiety

Lost in Translation.